Monday, April 11, 2011

Week down, three to go... until "real" foods, that is.

It has been a week to the day since my procedure. I know technically next week after I see my surgeon, I can have "real" soft foods but lets not kid ourselves when we know what I mean by REAL "real" foods.

Well, this is also the day I've heard everything is supposed to resemble getting "back to normal" in terms of how my body feels after having abdominal surgery just a week ago. I must say that although it has gotten a lot better, it is nowhere near normal. I am still sore around my port and when I get up.
He put my port below by belly button which I'm not sure of especially since I hope to try to have a child one day as soon as I am given the ok (man or no man- sorry but if he is in my life and wants to marry me, that will be great, unfortunately, the sperm bank is looking more like an option.) I will be asking him about the location as it pertains to a possible c-section when I see him. I don't see why it would be a problem but you never know as that is where it seems it would take place. Surgeons are remarkable these days with the laproscope, that's for sure.

I look forward to doing crunches because I am scared about getting too many stretch marks. Cocoa butter, shea butter, vitamin E and "Bio Oil" will now be my best friends...

I am guessing I am being a little vain prematurely but I will just be happy to lose the weight and all the problems that it has brought. Plus, theres always a tummy tuck, breast lifts, etc. which I said I'd never get. Oh well... premature worrywart.

I am bummed that I will be "missing" Easter dinner. Although I told my mom we can put it all into a blender because by then I will be on soft, pureed foods. Yum pureed sweet potatoes, ham and turkey, yumm. Or should I say pureed ham, turkey, then sweet potatoes to put it in the correct eating order. Ok must stop before I drool all over myself and the computer keyboard!

This experience (as limited as it has been so far) has made me want to start a new business geared to people who have lost a lot of weight, via WLS or not. More on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment