Saturday, April 9, 2011

Happy New Life to Me

On my birthday I have to count the blessings of having my wonderful family. Literally without them I could not have made it through this, not just my surgery but my life at the moment.

I have been experiencing burning in the area near the port especially when I stand up from sitting or try to get up from lying down. I also have hard times bending down so I continue to take it easy. I have had bouts with a sore throat, and reflux but no nausea or vomiting (thank goodness). However, as paranoid as I am I have called the doctors office to see if what I have been experiencing is okay. They said that the soreness is not unusual but if the reflux continued to call them in a couple of days. The hospital actually called me yesterday to check up on me which was nice.

I hope these two weeks of liquids goes fast as I am finding it hard to force down these protein drinks three to four times a day. I still crave a steak even if I am going to have to put it in the blender to eat it. I do not crave my former usual sweets which I am still facinated about.

I've been walking, going up and down the stairs in the house and driving since 48 hours after my procedure.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that your op went so well and your recovery is progressing so smoothly. I hope the reflux isn't a big problem and you solve it, soon.

    Good luck on the rest of your recovery and learning to rock your new band!

    ReplyDelete