Monday, April 11, 2011

Sodium

Boy, I am finding it very difficult to stay just on liquids. I confess that I have been eating too much creamy soups and not necessarily low in sodium. I also confess that I have had a few saltines that I've licked to within inches of their lives before I took tiny itty bitty pieces in my mouth and mostly dissolved or made them into complete mushy paste before I swallowed. Bad girl, I know.

Now, lets just say I've upped my water intake substantially and will not have that much sodium in one day if I can help it again.

I have a bad feeling at the pit of my stomach and I have learned my lesson. I am learning to listen to my body and watch my intake which I hope is going to serve me well.

2 comments:

  1. It's so hard, you're in proper bandster hell now. How long do you need to do liquids for? I did 3 weeks but I know all surgeons are different.
    Are you allowed protein shakes yet? I found them quite filling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to do two weeks of full liquids and I see my surgeon next Monday for my follow up. I have stopped with having those soups for more than once a day. No more saltines either, no matter how much I want to lick them.

    ReplyDelete