Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Four more days of Liquid Hell - don't read while eating...

Boy, you were right Alison! This has truly been "banded hell" or as I like to paraphrase "liquid hell" which I probably got from you as well. I am trying to listen to my body while I try to get down the right amount of protein shakes along with the other "allowed" full  liquids that I can have now but not necessarily in the near future when I hope to move out of liquids, then pureed foods into solids once again within a month... whew.

My water consumption has increased greatly mainly out of necessity whereas otherwise I would feel like I have cottonmouth. It is also good to help flush out the toxins, clear the kidneys and prevent kidney stones. I don't mind the more frequent trips to the restroom for mostly #1. I use those trips to judge my dehydration level based on the color- darker- more water, light- I'm good... Number 2 is rare because of mostly purely liquid intake but I have noticed a change in that as well, a change for the better. Sorry for the TMI, but I was not aware that this would change so drastically. I fully understand why I have heard that some people (those that don't eat much) tend not to have #2's as often though it makes perfect sense. I guess I just never have been one of those people...

I am also anxious about any little burp, any little sign of pain, any tinge of nausea, what my port feels like, etc. I am a little paranoid, I know this but I hope this also soon passes.

There are a lot of questions I have for my surgeon on Monday. I have lost about 15 pounds total (including the pre-liquid diet, and about 4 since the date of surgery last Monday) and since I have been on this post-op liquid diet, the sodium was a-creeping about in the soups and stuff I've had and I may have stalled on some more water weight.

I must say that my blood pressure (which was borderline hypertensive) has been very good. My last PB taken on a home machine was 100/70 and in the past that machine has been pretty accurate so that is very good news as far as I'm concerned as I have hypertension on both sides of my family.

All and all, I guess I'm slowly getting there to a place where I can be comfortable. Just trying to be super sensitive and aware of the whole process, maybe to a fault.

2 comments: