A day after my slime experience, I saw my endocrinologist. Once again, I weighed in and I was an astounding (to me) 233 pounds! I was thrilled beyond belief even though I had just weighed the same the day before at my primary doctor who was also pleased. Or maybe I was just shocked that I still weighed the same and it wasn't a fluke. (The receptionist at my primary physician, who was new and I only saw once before - the day of my clearance for surgery four weeks or so ago- even commented on how "great" I looked! That was very sweet of her considering I didn't think she would have remembered me.)
So anyway, this doctor, a cutie patutie (though married, of course, man) was all smiles and almost did cartwheels into the room! "How are you??? You lost a BUNCH of weight!" I was like "Thanks" and was so excited that he was excited. I was even happier to know that he wants to try to get me off of some of my diabetes medicine if my numbers continue to go down (BMI, A1c, weight, etc.). I forgot to mention that my primary also wants me to monitor my PB consistantly to see if she can lower or take me off my blood pressure medicine. Motivating good news all around!
Also, since the first time I saw my endocrinologist, when I was pre qualifying for the band, I was 264! So, I officially lost 31 pounds!
Easter should be interesting tomorrow with my parents. I will be taking my scale, using a smaller plate, eating the soft foods and chewing s-l-o-w-l-y!
Brilliant weightloss, well done!
ReplyDelete