First of all, thanks for all the comments from those who are at various stages and have had goals met via different means of weight loss.
Part of my being so wishy washy this late in the game is my feeling that I am literally about to lose control over what I can put in my mouth. I understand that the band is not malabsorptive and I will have a lot more "freedom" than other weight loss procedures but if I want the band to work, I BETTER control what I put in my mouth yet still...
As I've said to many, I've severely cut the amount of soda in my diet but to get that sensation I've turned to mixing seltzer water and fruit juice. At least I had that option, if I go through with this I can't even use the option of seltzer.
I had Ginger Ale this afternoon and I do think I'll miss some of that feeling of taking a first sip with bubbles hitting my nose and the slight to major burp that follows. Instead of dumping the rest of the bottle, I have decided to "let it go flat" to see if it would be something to sip at a later date, perhaps on my day six "clear" liquid day before.
No more: champagne, Alka-seltzer plus, fizzy vitamin drink mixes, etc as I'm sure there are other things I'm missing that will be automatically cut. How does everyone do it?
Perhaps I'm being a baby but I'm really stressing about this... Maybe I should redirect my concern and instead I should be stressing about what I could do with my clothes when I can't fit them anymore!
Hey... I easily gave up Soda. I used to love me my Pepsi, but no more. I actually don't drink anything with more than 5 calories besides my protein shakes. Try Minute maid light Lemonade, it have 5 calories a can and it is yummy... I also like Sugar Free Tang, It tastes very good and is great in the morning. I drink mostly water and I put things in it like packets of sugar free lemonade or iced tea. I was really an iced tea girl before my surgery so I try to mix it up but still end up drinking alot of iced tea. Well, all of your fears are valid. You will do most of the work with the band, and it's hard work but it makes weight loss easily than it is without it. I got it mostly for maintainance, since I knew I could lose the weight on my own, I just couldn't keep it off. I was banded a year ago this month, and I am so happy that Ihave my band and this great community for support. *Maria*-DiZneDiVa, blogger from "This one time at BAND Camp..." Follow my journey at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteI was a diet coke junkie and I was able to give it up with no problem. It will be easier than you think!
ReplyDeleteI miss it somedays, but it's so much healthier not to have it. I still have a sip once in a blue moon (but just a sip). I do miss having a beer now an then too. But, I can tell you IT'S ALL WORTH IT! I drink excessive amounts of Cherry Pomegranate crystal light - it satisfies that artificial sweetener craving.
ReplyDeleteGood luck to you - I look forward to following your journey!!!
Hello, new follower here! I had a 5 soda a day habit for years. I gave it up and it was really really hard in the beginning. But now I don't miss it. I do miss champagne and have been able to have a glass on special occasions. Every band is different and you will be able to determine what works for you! Can't wait to follow all your progress!
ReplyDelete