Well, I have been poked, prodded, tested (mentally, physically and emotionally); I have been told that I'm "not that big," or that I could/should do it "on your own"; I have been on "You Tube" watching others go through the ups and downs; I have joined a Yahoo group dedicated to the banding community; I have started this blog. I have surgery for the Lap Band scheduled for April 4, 2011.
However, I still continue to have doubts on whether I'm making the right choice.
Part of it is a feeling of failure, why CAN'T I do it "on my own?" What is wrong with me? I grew up ice skating, taking ballet lessons, swimming, tennis lessons, etc. I did have childhood asthma and I admit at times I used that excuse for not following through whether I was feeling sick or not. I own up to that now and will not fail in following through on this as my life is in the balance.
I have learned in these six months of preparing for this procedure, that there are people you hold dear who are willing to try to sabotage you, convince you that you are not making the right choice and will constantly remind you of that. I have learned to ignore these people because they are not in MY body and they do not have to go through what I do. Or, perhaps they do and do not want me to succeed.
I will be keeping you posted as my lovely modified liquid diet week is starting on Monday.
Later for now,
Sue
Best Wishes on your journey. The liquid diet might be rough the first couple of days, but it will get better. Plus, you will lose weight on the liquid diet. It's a great jumpstart to your weight loss journey. Then you will be headed into surgery, get your band installed.
ReplyDeleteMy best advice: Don't try to get full. Eat what you need and stop. The band is not magic (of course, I thought it would be)...you will have to work to lose weight. If you keep that in mind, the band will help you.
Welcome to blogland.
Welcome to the blogs. There is an incredible community of weight loss warriors, both banded and not just waiting with bated breath to follow and support you.
ReplyDeleteIt doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks of your decision to have this surgery. If you know, deep down that this is the right thing for you, if you are ready to commit to the lifestyle that will be required of you and know that you can work this new, wonderful tool you are having installed, that is all that matters. This is your body, your weight to deal with and it is your choice. No one else's.
I am not a bandster, but I am a supporter of anyone, whether they have had some kind of WLS or not who is serious about getting to a healthy weight. So, Imma gonna follow you and I'll be here, if you need support.
Good luck with your liquid diet and the run up to your surgery date! Please post as often as you can and let us all know how it is going. :D